Standard Maintenance and Consulting for Software Products from CIDEON
This note explains what happens when there is a problem message or a consulting inquiry.
A problem message dealt with by CIDEON Software standard support in accordance with the maintenance agreement exists if:
- there is an error in the software ,
- an error in the software causes subsequent errors,
- problems exist when implementing corrections, if implementing Updates/Patches/Hotfixes/Releases (by considering for users available correction instructions, hints, implementing notes),
- standard functions have incorrect documentation.
If the problem that occurs falls into one of the categories mentioned, to solve it, you must open a problem message at CIDEON Software Support.
Effective immediately, support requests for all CIDEON Software products and modules can be submitted via a central web-based tracking tool. This service feature is based on SAP’s Solution Manager and can be reached via the URL
Tickets will automatically be routed to the responsible support team. This automatic routing will increase progress visibility both internally and for the customer and reduces redundancies in the process.
Support tickets entered via the Solution Manager will be addressed with top priority. Before logging in for the first time, you will need to set up a user account. After submitting the registration form , a user ID and initial password will be mailed to you. The password needs to be changed during the initial login. Once these steps are complete, the system is available for your use.
Here you will get direct access to the system.
In all other cases, it is considered a consulting request. This includes inquiries concerning:
- questions about the configuration or the processing logic of the software,
- questions about errors that were caused by a modification of the system (i.e. while using user exits, internal developments, modifications of the configuration etc.),
- questions about customizing or problems that occur due to incomplete or incorrect customizing,
- questions about adjustments of the configuration after the installation of an update or a new installation,
- if the solution is evident because of a short text or the help text of the system error.
- If the problem is caused by third party software.
Note that consulting requests are priced separately at the discretion of CIDEON Software and are not covered by your standard maintenance contract.
This note was created in dependence on SAP Note 83020 - What is consulting - What is support?